Preparing For Summer 2014
We just passed the 70 day mark to the start of camp at Iroquois Springs, and Spring it is! The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer and we are getting ready for another amazing summer with our camp family. We hope you are getting excited too and beginning your camp preparations. Whether it is your first summer with us, or you have been part of the family for years, we know how overwhelming preparing for camp can feel. There are forms to fill out, doctor appointments to make, supplies to buy, and summer clothes to try on, but no worries because we are here to guide you every step of the way.,
Some important things to keep in mind as you prepare for the camp season:
- Schedule Pre-Camp Medical Check-ups. If your child has not had a physical within the last year, make sure to schedule an appointment with your family physician. Also, make sure to sign up on campdoc.com if your camper will be taking medication at camp. Campdoc dispenses camper’s pre-packaged medications directly to our camp Health Center, ensuring that every camper gets the correct medication.
- Purchase Logo’d Camp Clothing. While we are not a uniformed camp, we do ask that campers have some Iroquois Springs t-shirts, shorts and sweatshirts for out of camp events, as well as for some great camp spirit. Go through the Cloz Company catalogue and order online, by phone or make an appointment for when they are coming to your area. Start to purchase other required clothing from the camp list and don’t forget to label everything!!!!
- Make Reservations for Visiting Day. Visiting day is Saturday July 12th from 10am to 3pm. If you are interested in staying over, visit our website for a list of nearby hotels and book your reservations today.
- Complete All Paperwork. Medical and camper forms are available on the Parent Dashboard. All families are set up with a login to their own family “dashboard” online where you can complete all forms pertaining to your camper.
- Begin Stocking up on Supplies. Start picking up basic supplies like shampoos, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc… Packing can be stressful, so the sooner you begin, the less hectic it will be as the summer approaches.
- Read All Iroquois Springs Emails. You will receive many emails from us over the next few months. This is our way of keeping you up to date on important information, so please take the time to read them all. They are great reminders and may answer many of your questions.
We look forward to helping you get ready for another incredible summer at Camp Iroquois Springs. Please call us with any questions or concern, we are always happy to hear from you.